It's the most important part of your body, and it requires routine maintenance—and yes, a few products. Here we present the tools and tips that will get you a clean, blemishless, age-defying mug day after day (even after a long night).
Basic Training for Your Face
There are grooming products we think you need to invest some cash in. Face wash isn't one of them. Just wash mornings and nights with Cetaphil (available at most drugstores). It's not fancy, and it doesn't need to be.
Cetaphil cleanser, $6.60, available at walgreens.com
Think of using face scrub like taking out the trash—do it a few times a week to dispose of the dead skin on your face. We like Alba's, which has tiny buffing beads and smells like the beach, all for twelve bucks.
Alba Botanica Sea Algae Enzyme Scrub, $7, available at puritan.com
A moisturizer is your first line of defense against wrinkles like Ronnie Wood's. (Well, that and staying off heroin.) We dig this one because it absorbs quickly. Plus, the pouch packaging means it travels easily and rolls up so you get every last drop.
Ernest Supplies Matte Moisturizer, $25, available at ernestsupplies.com
Reshaping your brows
• "If you use a razor, it will always look weird. Instead, stick with a pair of simple tweezers." (At GQ, we like these from PockeTweez.)
• "To keep things looking masculine, pluck only from the bottom. If you're unibrowed, don't tweeze farther than your inner eye."
• "You're yanking these guys out from the root. There will be irritation. Rub in some aftershave to avoid little bumps."—Ramon Padilla of N.Y.C.'s guy-friendly Browhaus salon
PockeTweez, $28, available at pocketweez.com
Nose and Ear Hairs
• Never pluck these; you'll get a nasty infection. This trimmer whacks hair quickly and painlessly.
Philips Norelco Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer, $15, available at usa.philips.com
Face Your Next Crisis
• Instant Fix does exactly what it claims to do: turn shiny skin matte in reflective regions like your forehead and nose. Keep it in your desk drawer. When you catch your forehead—or even your bald head—glinting in the mirror, reach for it.
Anthony Instant Fix Oil Control, $28, available at sephora.com